Posts published on June 24, 2016
BY JANE HURST
Gone are the days when grads and college students have to work at fast food joints just to make a few bucks. Today, there are so many different and exciting opportunities for students, and these opportunities can be in just about any part of the world. In the US alone, there are thousands of great internships and programs for grads and students that will help to further them in their career choices. Here are some of our top internship picks.
- NASA Internships – High school students, juniors through graduate level, are invited to apply for NASA internships. These are available to high school students who are attending full-time accredited programs that are appropriate to NASA internships. All applicants must be US citizens, and major in several majors, from business to science and engineering. There are also non-technical internships available.
- Art Returns Internship, Marvel Entertainment – This program is for college students, freshmen to seniors. It is available to students who are involved in full-time studies, and applicants must be proficient in Word and Excel in order to qualify for acceptance. Intern duties include filing and mailing paperwork, which is part of the process of organizing and processing Marvel artwork.
- Doctors without Borders Press Internship – Here is an internship for sophomore and graduate students. You will be working closely with the Press Officer and Communications Assistant. Duties will include daily research support, as well as meeting the needs of various projects as you are required. This is a great opportunity for students who are into public relations, journalism, or humanitarian aid. If the internship requires a lot of traveling, you will never get homesick, because you can always use VPN for Netflix in order to keep in touch.
- New Mexico Pets ALIVE Dog Program Associate Internship – If you are a dog lover, this may be just the internship for you. You need to have an academic or professional background in this business, or have an entrepreneurial spirit that will let you quickly embrace guidance and direction needed for this work. This is a job that requires you to get your hands dirty, and you could also be involved in fundraising.
- Paramount Pictures Corporation Undergraduate Internship – Juniors and seniors may apply for this internship, and work in the entertainment industry. You will be able to work with professionals in the industry, and learn what it takes to create great productions. You will also attend many events that will help to increase your knowledge about the entertainment industry.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum Internship – Sophomore and fifth year graduate students can apply for this internship, which is only available to students who are currently enrolled in full-time studies. To apply, please submit a resume with a cover letter, as well as a letter of reference or a recommendation from a professor who specializes in your field.
- Summer Wildlife Intern, Wildcare Inc. – All college students may apply for the Summer Wildlife internship. You need to have an interest in the care and treatment of injured/orphaned wildlife, and be able to work at least 20 hours per week from May until August. This is an unpaid internship.
- Disney College Program Internship – Any student who is enrolled in an accredited college or university is eligible to apply for this internship, as long as they have completed one full semester. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible. Intern duties will include such things as guest research and relations, custodial duties, working at attractions, parking lot cashier, PhotoPass photographer, resort transportation, parking, ticket-taking, hopper, and main entrance operations.
Jane Hurst has been working in education for over 5 years as a teacher. She loves sharing her knowledge with students, is fascinated about edtech and loves reading, a lot. Follow Jane on Twitter!