From The Kiplinger Report
- Certificates—Professional certification is an affordable way to increase your employment potential once you are on the job; especially in fields that don’t require a bachelor’s degree.
- Associate’s Degrees—Employers are planning on hiring one-third more associate’s degree earners this year than last; far exceeding the increase in demand for bachelor’s degree holders.
- Take two and transfer— take your prerequisites at a local community college, where tuition and fees are often two-thirds lower, and then transfer to a four-year institution.
- Earn a BA in three— Graduating in three years lets you avoid a fourth year of college costs and you can start earning a salary a year sooner.
- Online Courses—the American Council on Education is evaluating the creditworthiness of MOOCs, or “Massive Open Online Courses” from partners such as Coursera, edX and Udacity.
To view the full article, please visit: http://www.kiplinger.com/article/college/T042-C000-S002-4-alternatives-to-a-four-year-college-degree.html.
Tags: Alternatives To 4 Year College