By Jane Hurst
When it comes to going off to college, there are certain things that you are going to need to buy. Then, there are cool stuff that you will really want to buy. As long as you keep your budget in check, there is really no reason for you to not get these cool things. You can either buy them yourself, or put them on your wish lists for future birthday and Christmas gifts. Here are 10 of the coolest things that every college student must have.
1. Portable Scanner – Sometimes, you will need to scan documents for your research. Do it anywhere with the Iriscan Executive Book 3. It can slide over any page and digitize it, sending it to your SD card. There is also WiFi support, so you can send documents to other devices.
2. Keyless Bluetooth Padlock – Never worry about misplacing padlock keys ever again. This lock uses your Bluetooth mobile device instead of keys, and it is easy to use. It is compatible with Android and iOS, and offers sharing and tracking technology.
3. Portable Door Lock – This keeps nosy landlords and neighbors out, and it can be installed in most doors in just a few seconds. Have privacy without changing locks, which most landlords won’t allow in the first place. This is great for traveling to use on hotel rooms.
4. Flash Drive Pack – The Gigs 2 Go Flash Drive Pack should also be on your list of cool things to buy. It is durable, shockproof, waterproof, and you don’t need to cap it for protection. This is awesome for sharing large files.
5. Foldable Whiteboard – Create presentations, sketch, and write on a whiteboard that can be folded down to the size of a note pad. It even comes with a travel bag, and a built-in eraser. This is great for artists, mathematicians and even for professors.
6. Flexible Lunch Bag – Sometimes you want to carry a lunch that won’t fit inside a traditional lunch bag. A Compleat FoodSkin Flexible Lunchbox is the solution. You can pack different types of foods, while not looking like an idiot with a lunchbox.
7. 5-Way Headphone Splitter – You and four friends can listen to your favorite tunes when you use the Rockstar 5-Way Headphone Splitter. You won’t need to use tiny, raspy speakers to listen to great music. You can even use this to listen to class presentations for study sessions if you are so inclined (this is a cool gadget that will help you do better in class if you use it for more than just listening to tunes).
8. Collapsible Storage Container – There are going to be times when you need to move stuff, but don’t know what to do with the crates when you are done. Save those crates. Use Clever Crates Collapsible Grated Storage Containers that fold to a small size for easy storage. These are great for doing laundry, shopping for groceries, etc.
9. Cordless Jumping Rope – If you don’t have a lot of time to exercise but still want a complete workout, jumping rope is the best way to get it. Instead of carrying around a bulky jumping rope, check out the Digital Cordless Jumping Rope. You can use it anywhere without worrying about knocking anything over with a rope and it will track the number of jumps based on your weight and height.
10. LG Rolly Bluetooth Keyboard – Finally, check out the keyboard that you can roll up and put in your bag. There are no wires, looks very stylish and you can take it anywhere. It uses Bluetooth to connect to whatever device you are working from, and is super-easy to store.
Jane Hurst has been working in education for over 5 years as a teacher. She loves sharing her knowledge with students, is fascinated about edtech and loves reading, a lot. Follow Jane on Twitter!