BY VICTORIA KLOCHKOVA
Being a student is always difficult, but with the development of science, your campus life becomes not only easier but also more productive. There are many mobile technologies which can help to save time and speed the work. And also there is an opportunity to use your time profitably even on the way to university or back home. It’s amazing, isn’t it?
Smartphones and various gadgets can become the real helpers in your study when they are properly used. There are various tools to help you in planning ‘to-do’ list, learning a new language, improving your knowledge in any field, making presentations in public transport, and other technical miracles. The main thing is to use mobile technologies wisely and profitably. How to do it? Check out the following list.
7 mobile tools which will make your study more effectively
- E-mail.It is common service for the exchange of texts and different files between users. It is possible to organize the communication between students and tutors, to work on group projects with the help of e-mail. By using this technology, you can to take control if any problem with your study occurs. Have you gone to your grandmother in the village and forgotten to pass the report to a lecturer? Mobile mail will solve your problem.
- Podcasts. It is modern internet technology, which allows students finding, listening, viewing featured podcasts as well as recording and publishing own personal podcast. There are many educational and non-academic podcasts that can be used for the development of your listening skills. There are also services that allow posting podcasts and organizing a discussion in the microblogs or forums. In such a way, it is possible to develop speaking and listening skills, as well as create sociocultural competence of students.
- Electronic dictionaries and libraries.On the basis of electronic dictionaries, it is possible to organize research work, to develop an own cognitive activity, learning skills in collaboration, etc. Such services allow making your academic paper more interesting. For instance, you can add brilliant quotes from movies using Showbox. You able to tap special websites or download applications on mobile devices.
- Voice control.Today a lot of students solve everyday problems on the go from their phone. They use it to check email, send documents and photos, find the nearest ATM or build a road route. Not all of these problems can be solved using a keyboard, so now one of the most pressing areas of mobile development is a voice command. The voice control is based on speech recognition technology. It involves achieving various fields: from computational linguistics to the digital signal processing. Are you have no time to write an essay at home? Use your voice and do it while you have an evening walk.
- Clouds, clouds – gigabyte sites!If you’re tired of running around between university and home with the USB flash drive, taking everywhere you go a laptop with the necessary files, and you aspire your important files to become available to you or your group mates from any computer or mobile device, you may think about cloud storage. This technology allows you getting easy access to your data from mobile devices, increasing the level of data security, starting automatic synchronization of information between different computers and devices, providing someone with general or limited access to files, etc.
- Live-chat messenger. You can use Skype, WhatsApp, Viber, and other applicationsto be always online. The function of file transfer through such software allows students and professors exchanging files, free calls, and video chats. Also, it is possible to organize group chat and work together on your project no matter where you are. Only good Internet connection is needed.
- Special resources on the Internet.They include network encyclopedia, online media, directories, virtual tours on museums, theaters, galleries, cities, etc. Information and help resources have the following common didactic characteristics: multimedia, accessibility, hypertext structure. On this basis, students can study and organize research work, develop their cognitive activity, improve skills in collaboration, as well as the ability to self-learning activities.
Use mobile technologies for self-development, not only for senseless surf. In a short time, you will see how productive your study is. Just remember that all these ‘miracles’ are in your hands!
About the author:
Victoria is a passionate entrepreneur and marketer. She runs a digital agency and writes for several blogs on the web. She loves sharing knowledge about innovation and technology