Starting today, Governors from all 50 states are invited to take up the Completion Innovation Challenge, a new competitive grant program from Complete College America with funding support from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
States that demonstrate a commitment to develop and deploy innovative, state-wide strategies to substantially increase college completion are eligible to earn one of ten $1 million, 18-month implementation grants.
- Shifting to Performance Funding to reward for more student success, not just higher headcounts.
- Reducing Time-to-Degree to accelerate achievement, prevent damaging delays, and cut costs.
- Restructuring Delivery for Today’s Students to help the new majority of students balance the jobs they need with the higher education they desire.
- Transforming Remediation to move students into first-year, full-credit classes as quickly as possible so precious time, motivation and money are not lost.
- Deploying Transformative Technology to customize, accelerate and support student learning for added convenience, efficiency and affordability.
Tags: college completion