How playing sports develops students’ skills
BY MELISSA BURNS
The absence of bad habits and physical activity have become an integral part of the personality of young, modern and purposeful person in many countries.
It’s not surprise that numerous kinds of sport have become increasingly popular pastime among young people. Athletic achievements influence on the demand, popularity and reputation of students inside and outside the university. In short, sport is useful, popular and cool! There are different kinds of sport in different countries. Let’s see how sport helps students in their studying all over the world.
How students improve their studying skills with the help of sport
- With the ball for life. Sport has always been honored in USA. Team ball games are the most popular. Today the top-3 of most popular sport games among students includes football, baseball, and basketball. Sometimes, such kinds of sport can be very traumatic. That’s why it’s better to address to injury lawyer.
As a result thanks to students from Yale, Columbia, Princeton and Rutgers Universities active games with the ball became known and loved by all Americans. Today, a lot of students from different colleges and universities in the USA represent the American sporting tradition with dignity. They’re joining in sport clubs and hold many competitions at the regional, national and international levels. Such activity develops strength and quickness in decisions. These skills help in studying and make it much easier.
- Sport conservatism. Like in the USA, in the UK there are stable sport traditions, which are pretty conservative. Football and cricket are popular kinds of sport among British students. That’s why they have moderation and can pursue their ambition; suck skills are very useful in studying.
- Sea, sun and sport. Sunny Australia is known as a location for a huge number of world sports championships. Sports activities are the favorite pastime for Australians, and especially for students of the local universities.
There is a paradise for water sports enthusiasts, so many students are surfing, swimming, diving, playing water polo, etc. Such activity develops moral flexibility and ability to find a way out of difficult situations.
- Well-worn track. If you prefer winter sports, then you will like training in Sweden, the Czech Republic and Canada. Hockey, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, skating are popular among European students. That’s why in their studying they know how to deal with a lecturer if they have already missed several classes because of training.
- Asian persistence. Asian countries have markedly stepped forward in the development of sport over the last years. Ping pong and badminton are very popular among students in Asia nowadays. A lot of them are also involved in gymnastics and athletics at the amateur level.
How it helps in studying? Students have both physical and mental flexibility. It helps to do several tasks at the same time with equally good results.
Sport can be not only a way of health promoting, but also a significant factor to influence on other aspects of student life: career, moral and intellectual qualities.
Melissa Burns graduated from the faculty of Journalism of Iowa State University in 2008. Nowadays she is an entrepreneur and independent journalist. Her sphere of interests includes startups, information technologies and how these ones may be implemented.