7 Psychology Tips to Boost Positivity For College Students
7 Psychology Tips to Boost Positivity in Students
Obviously, when you are in college, you want to do well, make great grades, and go on to enjoy a wonderful and fulfilling career. But, there is a lot more than just hard work and studying involved in getting you to that point. You need to be happy with what you are doing. If you are miserable, you aren’t going to put your all into everything that you do, and you aren’t going to enjoy a successful college career. What you need to do is get out of the misery mindset. Let’s take a look at some of the things students can do to boost their positivity.
- Be Optimistic – This isn’t always the easiest thing, because there are inevitably going to be things that get us down. But, it is something you can practice and get better at. Find a goal, such as being more comfortable in public. Then, practice doing things that will help you to reach that goal. You will find that as you succeed, you will become more optimistic.
- Be Grateful – Start a journal where you write down all of the things that you are grateful for every day. Then, when you are feeling low, take a look at what you have written. It’s pretty hard to stay down when you see how much you have to be grateful for. Try to write down a couple of things each day that you are grateful for, and refer to this journal when you are down.
- Take a Time Out – You need to be able to sit back and enjoy some time for yourself. For example, get out and have a great meal with friends. You don’t have to spend a fortune to have fun and enjoy a good meal. Check out the deals at Golden Corral prices, and enjoy a night out with friends.
- Savor Life – Savor every positive experience you have in life, now and in the future. Enjoy the simple pleasures, and take time to smell the roses. It may sound clichéd, but the more you take time to savor every aspect of life, especially the good things, the happier and more positive you will be.
- Be Kind to Others – Keep a separate journal of all of the things that you do to help others, even if it is just holding a door open for someone. The more you write down, the more you will be able to see that you are a good person, and this is going to add to your positivity. This is not to pat yourself on the back. It is simply to show you how great you can feel by doing something nice.
- Write Down Funny Things – When funny things happen to you in your daily life, write them down. Do this even if you do something really ridiculous that you may have considered embarrassing. You will find that after reading about it, you are laughing because it is so funny. This is going to help you to be able to not take life so seriously all the time and enjoy life more.
- Have a Positive Outlook – While this isn’t always the easiest thing to do, it is something that you need to do in order to be happy and positive. Stop looking at things in a negative way. For instance, if you have made a bad grade, don’t look at it as a bad grade. Look at it as a sign that you have areas that you need to work on. Put that positivity to work for you to turn this into a good thing.
Jane Hurst has been working in education for over 5 years as a teacher. She loves sharing her knowledge with students, is fascinated about edtech and loves reading, a lot. Follow Jane on Twitter.