How Can Technology Enhance College Student Creativity?
By Jane Hurst
If you are finding your education boring, you are doing it wrong. Believe it or not, your professors want you to be creative, even if you think that they simply want you to repeat what you have learned back to them in term papers and exams. The more creative you are, the better you are ultimately going to do in your studies. So, how do you get more creative? If you don’t consider yourself to be a creative person, there are things you can do to change that, such as using the following creativity-enhancing apps.
- Storybuddy – This is another story app that lets you create and share stories. You can draw right on the screen with your finger to create picture books, and add text that you can easily customize with a built-in keyboard. You can even add your own photos to really make stories your own.
- Explain Everything – This is an interactive whiteboard and screencasting tool that you can use to animate, import, narrate, annotate, and export just about anything you can think of.
- Forte – Even if you have no musical training, you can still learn how to write musical scores. Not only is this going to take your creativity to the next level, you will also notice numerous other benefits, such as having an outlet for stress relief with your song writing. Learn more about how you can start writing music at Forte.
- Educreations – This app gives you a white board you can record with. You can use it to create video tutorials, explain mathematical formulas, create animations, and so much more. You can even put commentary on your photos.
- Show Me – Another whiteboard app, you will be able to create voice-over white board tutorials, and even share them with others via the Internet. This app is geared for users of all levels, and is extremely easy to use.
- Popplet – This is a great app for both school and work. It is a platform that lets you capture and sort ideas, collaborate with other people in real time, and so much more. And, you can do it all quickly and easily.
- Idea Sketch – Convert drawings to text, and text into drawings easily with this app that you can use for pretty much anything your imagination can come up with. Illustrate concepts, brainstorm with others, create lists, plan presentations, and a whole lot more.
- Draw Free for iPad – If you are into drawing and painting, this is the app for you. You can use it to make your ideas come alive, and it is suitable for hobbyists and professional artists alike. Even kids can have loads of fun using this app.
- Animation Creator HD – Have you ever thought that you would love to try your hand at animation? Now you can when you use this app. There are easy-to-use drawing tools that have plenty of power, as well as loads of color options. You can create realistic animations with Retina quality and a high frame rate playback.
- I Tell A Story – This is a great app for kids so they can narrate and record their own stories. This is a full-scale audio recording and editing tool, plus there are many other things you can do, including record stories yourself. You can include music and humorous sound effects to the recordings, and even turn stories into audio books.
- Strip Designer – Create fun comic strips with your own photos. There are loads of cool templates, and you can add word balloons, effect symbols or stickers such as “splash” and “boom”. This is really going to make your stories fun, and you can share your graphic novels with friends and family.
Jane Hurst has been working in education for over 5 years as a teacher. She loves sharing her knowledge with students, is fascinated about edtech and loves reading, a lot.